.Bla bla Things About Me.

My photo
I thought I'm just gonna say that I'm a simple girl in this complicated world, but I think it's just what I want to be - a simple person.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

.Bebek Bengil, Ubud.

One of the restaurant we tried at Ubud was Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck). I think I started eating duck last year, since usually I hate the smell. In fact the only thing that made me start eating duck maybe only because of the chili (how Indonesian am I? -__- ).

Well anyway we went to this restaurant for lunch one day. The restaurant was very spacious, a bit old, but I think what made the visit bad was the service. I didn't hoping for the waitress to kiss my ass but come on, at least put on a smile when a customer entering the restaurant. From the first time we entered the restaurant, until we paid the bill and left, I haven't seen any smile on the staff. Crazy right? Especially for Bali standard. 

The restaurant wasn't crowded that day (many empty tables), but it seems no one's in charge for the service quality. We have to find a table ourselves, putting our order was a hard work as all of the waitresses seem to be "busy" when we ask them. 
I tried the famous Bebek Bengil, I think it's around 90K -ish. To be honest I don't quite understand all the hypes or maybe I'm already having a bad time, but it's just ordinary for me. The chili didn't make up for me, none of them was spicy.
Mr Chubby ordered the Nasi Campur (around 70K-ish),and I think it's better than my food.

My Bali friend told me maybe that's because we're Indonesians, but I don't think it's because of it. I'm seeing other tables also had the same thing with us, and they're foreigners.

Will I be back? Definitely not.

Bebek Bengil
Jalan Hanoman, Padang Tegal, Ubud, Bali 80571 Indonesia
Ph : +62 361 975489 / 977675
Fax: +62 361 975489

No comments: