.Bla bla Things About Me.

My photo
I thought I'm just gonna say that I'm a simple girl in this complicated world, but I think it's just what I want to be - a simple person.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

.May Star.

Just one of the visits when I was in dimsum-craving week, May Star. I've already heard about their good reputation so I was keen to try this restaurant, thank God my eldest sister was having a birthday and treat us there, yay ;P

It was Sunday morning, and even though the mall hasn't opened yet, there's already a queue for this restaurant. Whew..luckily we got table in no time :) We were given 3 appetizers (which charged us, of course). One of the reason I hate Chinese restaurant hehe!
*Drooling*
Pickled Vegetable, 10K
 Some dried fish with sesame seed, 10K
Black Ear Fungus with Ground Peanut, 10K
Jasmine Tea, 9.8K
So anyway, since May Star is famous for its roasted duck, I ordered the HK Noodle with Roasted Duck, 56.8K. A bit pricey but the portion and taste made up for it. The noodle was very good, it's chewy and the broth was yum! I love the roasted duck for it's moistness and sweetness. The family also love it and we polished it off quickly ;)
My Sister of course has to order her favorite Fong Zhau in Black Pepper Sauce, 18.8K. I love the sauce, it sweet and sticky ;)
 Siomay,20.8K also a favorite among us.
 I ordered the Chiong Fan 3 rasa, 20.8K. It's filled with duck, scallop and prawn. Tasted okay, the sauce too salty for me.
Xiau Long Bau,20.8K was filled with pork and the broth was quite nice, if only it's more....
My usual order, Radish Cake, 18.8K might be not as appealing as the other plate, but I think it's quite fragrant and I love how they keep some of the radish texture to the dish so it's not all mushy-mushy when you chew it :)
 Fried Mantau,16.8K was pretty to look at :)
 My mom love the Sui Kiaw in Spicy Vinegar Sauce, 18.8K. The portion was big but since I'm not a fan of vinegar so I passed this one out.
 Ha Kau,22.8K and Scallop Dumpling with Tobiko, 20.8K. I can't differentiate this two when it touch my tongue haha! I think all the steamed seafood tasted the same for me -__-
 Cha Siew Pau, 18.8K was my sister's order. I passed this one out because I'm saving space for this one :
 My favorite Tan Tart,18.8K. May Star's version was ordinary but everything custard-y had the magic spell over me ;)
Brother ordered this Seafood Spring Roll in Oyster Sauce, 19.8K. I didn't try one but he seemed to enjoy it.
 I don't remember how this Chicken Dumpling, 18.8K tasted, I think the skin tasted a bit like cimol hehhe..
 Cheong Fan with Ca Kwe, 19.8K was very crispy :)
Minced Pork Spring Rolls,19.8K was lovely, but I prefer the homemade version of it hehe..

After the savory items, now it's dessert time! :D
I ordered the famous Coconut Pudding, 49.8K. Crazy price and it's not so worth it, it tasted to sugary for me :(
 Sister ordered Mango Pudding with Sago, 21.8K, okay la...
My favorite dessert would be this Avocado Cream with Sago and Chocolate Ice Cream, 25.8K. It's smooth and a perfect way to end the yum cha :)

May Star
Emporium Pluit Mall Lt.4
No. 4-23, 4-25A, 4-25B, 4-26
Jakarta Utara
Ph. (021) 6667-6280

2 comments:

irene said...

what a feast and what a price! a bit more expensive than usual dimsum places isn't it? the duck noodle looks awesome though! :9

SeorangPrempuan said...

iye makannya banyak ya kita :P

mie HK nya beneran enak sih mie nya..jd kepengen lg..mahal ya tapi...kmrn gue ber 7, total bill hampir 900 hikss :( cuma ada promo happy hour jam 3 - 5 weekday buy 1 get 1.